Beaver Scouts are our youngest members aged 6 to 8 years.
- Willow Colony – Thursdays from 6pm – 7pm
- Maple Colony – Fridays from 6pm – 7pm
Both colonies run to the same programme and right now, we have no waiting list so joining could be immediate.
We meet weekly during term time to take part in a wide range of activities which include team games, making, visits and having loads of fun both inside and outside!
In the last year, our Beaver group got involved in the following activities:
- Building cardboard dens
- Making microwave mug cakes
- Playing crazy games like Octopus and Splat!
- Scavenger hunting around Bushy Park
- Learning to navigate with map and compass
- Building bug hotels
- Obstacle courses and tree ropes
- Learning about emergency first aid
- Paper plane racing challenge
- Enjoying campfires and roasting marshmallows
Within this age group we focus on participation and the Beaver Scouts have a range of challenge awards and badges available that they can work towards during their time in the section. Beavers is seen as the most important Scouting section as it sets a strong foundation to build upon during their Scouting experience.
We work towards the Beavers achieving their Chief Scouts Bronze award by the time they are ready to move onto Cubs at 8 years old.
Fun is at the heart of everything we do with an amazing volunteer team contributing every week.
Joining Beavers will assure your child a place into Cubs and Scouts.